MISSION OFFERING MOBS
A recent addition to 3k was the concept of missions. These are tasks or jobs that mobs will sometimes offer players. Rewards could be as simple as a few coins or XP points or as complex and cool as... well, that's for you to figure out.
Plain and simple, missions are fun. To help us all enjoy them a bit more, this repository of mission offering mobs should serve to point us all in the right direction when we're looking for something different to do. However, there are a few ground rules that we should probably follow to keep Flaxen (and by extension, YOU) happy:
- Link ONLY mission offering mobs that display <?> after their name here.
- Flaxen is clear that missions may freely be talked about, provided they're not secret missions. This means that if you're offered a mission only after speaking to a mob with no outward indication of a mission (<?>), you can't link it here. That's secret. If a certain action taken in the room with a mob is required to trigger a mission, don't link it in this category. That's secret. The <?> marker after the mob name is a great flag for us that indicates the mission is not secret because if you have eyes and a brain, you immediately think "mission"!
- If a mob is a quest mob, be VERY careful about what you post. CONSIDER CAREFULLY.
- Remember, while missions generally may be freely talked about, quests are a whole different story. Wizards find you crunchy and tasty with ketchup, so if you are considering linking a page about a quest mob to this category, carefully consider what you are going to say before posting. It would be a shame to get your character wiped because of something you posted here.
- If a mob is in a quest area, be VERY careful about what you post. CONSIDER CAREFULLY.
- Along with the above item, remember that directions to quest areas are forbidden if the entrance to the quest area is hidden. If a mission mob is located in a quest area, consider carefully what you post in the mob page about the area it is in. Remember that wizards find you crunchy and tasty with ketchup, so if you are considering linking a page about a mob in a quest area to this category, carefully consider what you are going to say before posting. It would be a shame to get your character wiped because of something you posted here.
- Don't give explicit information out about the missions, or exact locations to the mob.
- Okay, this one isn't geared toward keeping Flaxen happy, but rather to protect us from ourselves. This category was envisioned as a simple list of "this mob in this area has a mission". Then, it would be up to us to go out, find the mob, and learn about the mission ourselves. It would be a shame if this category was ruined by making it a step-by-step guide to finding the mob, what missions it offers, getting the mission, and completing the mission.
Use this tag to mark a page as one about a mob that might offer you a mission:
See Help:Authoring for instructions on how to write a new page.
All items (19)